Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » MIOConsole » LIO-8 became unstable. System loses connection? (Audio intermittently stops playing)
LIO-8 became unstable. System loses connection? [message #87284] Sat, 17 August 2019 11:05 Go to next message
flextone is currently offline  flextone
So this is a new issue my system developed.

I'm mid project working and everything is fine, then suddenly audio drops out. In Mio Console the level meter is frozen and audio doesn't pass through. DP9 is showing an audio system error. Restarting the unit solves the problem but it keeps returning after a few minutes.

I'm on a mac pro 5,1
OSX El Cap
Lio 8 with latest firmware
Digital Performer 9.5

I've searched the forum and saw something about a Terminal command (sudo nvram boot-args="dart=0x0"), but I read it might cause issues if you boot from an SSD drive, which I am.

Thanks in advance!
Re: LIO-8 became unstable. System loses connection? [message #87334 is a reply to message #87284] Tue, 17 September 2019 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OliverS34 is currently offline  OliverS34
flextone wrote on Sat, 17 August 2019 11:05

I'm mid project working and everything is fine, then suddenly audio drops out. In Mio Console the level meter is frozen and audio doesn't pass through. DP9 is showing an audio system error. Restarting the unit solves the problem but it keeps returning after a few minutes.

I'm on a mac pro 5,1
OSX El Cap
Digital Performer 9.5

I've searched the forum and saw something about a Terminal command (sudo nvram boot-args="dart=0x0"), but I read it might cause issues if you boot from an SSD drive, which I am.

Thanks in advance!

I am also facing this same issue. Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Oliver
Re: LIO-8 became unstable. System loses connection? [message #87335 is a reply to message #87334] Tue, 17 September 2019 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bj is currently offline  bj
Is this on Firewire, or is it on 3d with Ethernet or 3d with USB?
Re: LIO-8 became unstable. System loses connection? [message #87339 is a reply to message #87335] Fri, 20 September 2019 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seems to have been a corrupt system settings file, Jon from support sent me some script to run. For the time being all good. I was on Firewire and I'm upgrading to 3d.

Hope you solve your problem,
R
Re: LIO-8 became unstable. System loses connection? [message #87345 is a reply to message #87284] Mon, 23 September 2019 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OliverS34 is currently offline  OliverS34
flextone wrote on Sat, 17 August 2019 11:05

I'm on a mac pro 5,1
OSX El Cap
Digital Performer 9.5

I've searched the forum and saw something about a Terminal freejobalert gimp notepad++ command (sudo nvram boot-args="dart=0x0"), but I read it might cause issues if you boot from an SSD drive, which I am.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the update. Will find a solution.

Regards,
Oliver

[Updated on: Wed, 25 September 2019 07:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: LIO-8 became unstable. System loses connection? [message #87364 is a reply to message #87345] Fri, 18 October 2019 17:01 Go to previous message
Just an update, this is still happening. System disconnects shortly after it starts up.

This is extremely frustrating.
Previous Topic: AVID Artist Control and 3D Monitor Controller
Next Topic: Delete/Remove MON Source
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Sun Nov 17 12:26:01 EST 2019