Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Software » SpectraFoo » Generally Amazing... But a Few Issues
Generally Amazing... But a Few Issues [message #85222] Wed, 04 January 2012 19:45 Go to next message
Walter Odington is currently offline  Walter Odington
Really enjoying the demo of SpectraFoo Complete. I've used it before as a student, and also as a lecturer (based on my positive experience as a student my institution, whilst lecturing at castle college nottingham the department purchased 5 licenses).

I am experiencing two issues. First is the audio drops out after a digital squeal, it normally takes five minutes until this happens. Second, is I can't seem to select an FFT below 4k bins, if I do it causes a crash.

I'm using sound flower, RME FF 400, and a beefy mac running snow leopard.

Does anyone have any advice, or is there a web page I should be looking at to troubleshoot this? These issues are making me think twice about purchasing what I know to be a wonderful program.

Thanks,

Joe
Re: Generally Amazing... But a Few Issues [message #85223 is a reply to message #85222] Wed, 04 January 2012 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allen is currently offline  Allen
Administrator
Neither of these are known issues; please open a support ticket at https://www.mhsecure.com/support so that we may help you diagnose your problem.

Metric Halo
www.mhlabs.com
727-725-9555
Re: Generally Amazing... But a Few Issues [message #85224 is a reply to message #85223] Thu, 05 January 2012 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
done, thanks
Re: Generally Amazing... But a Few Issues [message #85239 is a reply to message #85222] Mon, 30 January 2012 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Metric Halo, your support team did contact me to run through the conditions where my issue happened... but I got sidetracked by my 8 week years old baby and never responded.

Been looking in to the issue it appears there are some known problems with Sound Flower:

http://code.google.com/p/soundflower/issues/detail?can=2& ;start=0&num=100&q=&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%2 0Priority%20Milestone%20Owner%20Summary&groupby=&sor t=&id=24

I guess you guys must know about this? It's a shame because I haven't really been able to make the most of the Spectrafoo demo, and I have not been able to get soundbed working properly so I'm unsure that I will ever be able to use SpectraFoo the way I want to (analysing my DAW). I know the SpectraFoo product is good, but I'm sure you can see why I have a barrier to purchasing. Any ideas on alternatives methods? (aside from using MH hardware i/o)

Thanks
Re: Generally Amazing... But a Few Issues [message #85241 is a reply to message #85239] Tue, 31 January 2012 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allen is currently offline  Allen
Administrator
You can try Jack: http://jackosx.com/

We do not support or endorse either product.

Metric Halo
www.mhlabs.com
727-725-9555
Re: Generally Amazing... But a Few Issues [message #85242 is a reply to message #85241] Tue, 31 January 2012 18:43 Go to previous message
Fair enough. The issue does seem to be between soundflower and my audio interface (RME FF400).
Previous Topic: License lost
Next Topic: Issues installing SpectraFoo on Lion
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Tue Sep 22 08:10:18 EDT 2020