Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » MIOConsole » Mixer mapping for control surface
Mixer mapping for control surface [message #85267] Thu, 01 March 2012 13:46 Go to next message
Anonymous
Hello.
I've bought a little control surface of ICON : icontrols
I've managed to make it work with the mixer of Mio console.
It is recognized and works, but far not good enough !

I'd like to assign myself the midi notes and channel of the "icontrols" to fit perfectly to my mixer, but i can't find any mapping of the Mio mixer !

It runs in Mackie control mode.
Some faders move together : the first of the surface moves the first, and the master ( 9th ) faders...
The mute and solo buttons rarely correspond...

Thanks for help.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 March 2012 13:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mixer mapping for control surface [message #85285 is a reply to message #85267] Wed, 04 April 2012 02:57 Go to previous message
Anonymous
I don't have the iCon, but i've put together a number of working midi control setups out of "odds and ends." I love an application called Midi Monitor by snoize for troubleshooting midi problems. In my current setup, i have a bank of nanocontrols running MIO console in one of the mackie modes, it was exhibiting all sorts of strange behavior selecting channels et cetera, and I could see which messages were mucking it up in Midi Monitor. Now i have the nanocontroller outputs running through midi filters in Plogue Bidule, but I believe you can do the same thing with an application called Midi Pipe, which like Midi Monitor is free, you can use Midi Pipe to remap or filter what is coming from your controller, then select the virtual midi output of the application in MIO console. If you're still curious and this incomprehensible to you, ask specific things you do not understand after you have a try and i will explain in detail.

That said, we all need a better solution. People should spam the internet with the details of the Mackie protocol until Mackie releases a 19" X 7" MCU, imho. 4 rack spaces. 14 100mm faders, 3 buttons and one rotary per fader. Smooth and motorized. $1000. Expansion modules, whatever. How hard can it be? Livid? Anyone?

[Updated on: Wed, 04 April 2012 03:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Room EQ
Next Topic: Outboard with MIO console
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Wed Aug 27 23:04:34 EDT 2014