Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » +DSP » How do i use Sidechain input of MIOComp in a graph
How do i use Sidechain input of MIOComp in a graph [message #85609] Tue, 18 December 2012 09:02 Go to next message
andi_r is currently offline  andi_r
Hi,

i have an empty graph on a stereo channel. I insert a MIOComp (s/s), then connect Input1 (green cable) to MIOComp Left Input, and Input 2 (red cable) to MIOComp Right Input. In MIOComp GUI, i can choose "sc-in" as detector source. But how do i actually feed a signal to SC Input. Not a noise source, or an oscillator as in the tutorial videos, but any signal from my Mio Mixer?

Thanks a lot!
Re: How do i use Sidechain input of MIOComp in a graph [message #85610 is a reply to message #85609] Tue, 18 December 2012 15:38 Go to previous message
Allen is currently offline  Allen
Administrator
Hi andi,
A plug-in inserted in a mixer insert slot can receive sidechain signals from any source, but the sidechain input of a plug-in within a graph can only receive audio from a signal carried by the channel or bus that the graph is inserted in.

There is a workaround-
1) Create a quad aux bus and assign its output to your main bus.
2) Insert a send from the stereo channel you want to process to the quad bus; it will be routed to the first two channels. Mute the source's feed to your main bus so that the signal only comes from the quad bus.
3) Insert a send from the mono source you want to use as a sidechain to the quad bus. Right click the panner for the sidechain channel in the send mixer and set it to "Ls".
4) Insert a graph in the quad bus and insert your MIOComp. Connect inputs 1&2 to the right and left inputs of the MIOComp and connect input 3 to the SC input. Connect the outputs of MIOComp to the next processor, or to outputs 1&2.

This will get your stereo source and sidechain signal into the same graph.

We hope to improve this in a future version of MIO Console.

Metric Halo
www.mhlabs.com
727-725-9555
Previous Topic: Using Mobile I/O as Bass or Guitar Preamp/DI replacement?
Next Topic: TransientControl
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Sat Jul 11 20:53:56 EDT 2020