Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Software » SpectraFoo » SpectroFoo crashing on opening (Crash)
SpectroFoo crashing on opening [message #85860] Mon, 23 September 2013 10:52 Go to next message
tldycus is currently offline  tldycus
Started a Support ticket on this, but no word from support yet which sucks because I really needed to use Foo over the weekend and it would not open. Is support closed on weekends?

Recap:
9-21-13: HELP! Need to use Spectrofoo and it keeps crashing on start up. I've restarted Mac, run permission repairs, repaired my drive, and tried installing the update from your software page and still no go. I gotta have this today. Help please! I'm running 10.8.5, MacBook Pro 17 , 2.66GHz Core i7, 8Gig RAM

9-22-13: Installed "Demo" version and still crashes. Is it compatible with 10.8.5?

9-22-13: Tried installing DEMO on another MacBook and it crashes as well. You have really let me down MHLabs. What's up? And no response from Support?

9-22-13: Tried installing demo on an iMac with 10.8.5 and same thing = CRASH.

Come on MHLabs. You're killing me. I need the software to run. If it's not compatible with an update SEND OUT AN EMAIL with a warning! You send me plenty of emails trying to sell me stuff.

I've been a charter user of the software since '98.

TD
Re: SpectroFoo crashing on opening [message #85959 is a reply to message #85860] Mon, 02 December 2013 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bj is currently offline  bj
Just saw this -- did we ever get this solved for you?
Re: SpectroFoo crashing on opening [message #85977 is a reply to message #85959] Tue, 10 December 2013 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes.
Just wish I had received a response before my gig was done. Could not use the Foo'. Do you guys answer these messages and e-mails on weekends? Does someone check on occasion?
Thanks

TD
Re: SpectroFoo crashing on opening [message #85978 is a reply to message #85977] Tue, 10 December 2013 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bj is currently offline  bj
Our support staff does not work on weekends.

We monitor the forums as time allows, but this is definitely not an official MH support resource -- we host it to allow for community discussion.

In any case, I am sorry that you encountered problems and glad to hear that we were able to resolve them for you eventually.

Best regards,

B.J. Buchalter
Metric Halo
Re: SpectroFoo crashing on opening [message #85979 is a reply to message #85978] Tue, 10 December 2013 14:52 Go to previous message
BJ, thanks for the reply. Now I know there is no support on weekends. I like to have those off too, but that's when gigs happen sometimes. I have rarely had a issue with SFC, but when I did recently, it really sucked not being able to use it. What other resources are available on weekends? Can you post more support FAQ's? Maybe the info I received that solved my problem:

Hi Terry,

If you are running Mountain Lion, your user library is hidden from you by default. Hold the option key while choosing the "Go" menu in the Finder, and choose "Library" from that menu.

Let's try trashing the prefs and see how it goes from there.

Best regards,

Jon Stern
Metric Halo Support

TD
Previous Topic: Issues installing SpectraFoo on Lion
Next Topic: Feature Request - 071514
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Tue Jul 07 21:26:29 EDT 2020