Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Software » SpectraFoo » Window Sets (How to take advantage of window sets to optimize your measurement speed)
Window Sets [message #86141] Sun, 07 September 2014 18:00 Go to next message
rabyn is currently offline  rabyn
Let's examine the WINDOW SET workflow feature.

The window set tool can be found here:

index.php?t=getfile&id=82&private=0

Window sets are similar to scenes on a digital console. You can save a "snapshot" of your current input / output assignments (any number of active instruments) and include the size and layout of all currently visible instrument windows.

What might you use a window set for?

Here is one example.

Let's say that you like to maximize the size of your transfer function window but as you work, you need to be able to hide that window quickly and then restore it. You can of course physically minimize it and the maximize it again...

OR

Do the following:

Configure your transfer function window and configuration as desired (including any other related windows).

goto SAVE WINDOW SET AS (give it a name and assign a key to recall it)

Now configure your setup as desired for the next window set (minimize the TF instrument window including any related windows)

goto SAVE WINDOW SET AS (give it a different name and assign a key to recall it)

Now with (2) key presses, you can toggle between those two window sets. (maximum and minimum versions)

I routinely work with my Mio Console window using 1/2 of the available screen space and the Transfer Function instrument window uses the other 1/2.

If I want to be able to move quickly between that configuration and a full screen version of the Tranfer Function instrument window, with a 1/2 & 1/2 type setup:

goto SAVE WINDOW SET AS (give it a different name and assign a key to recall it)

Now I have a key to recall the full window version of the TF instrument, a key to minimize it completely and a key that will shrink it by 1/2 and locate it on the 1/2 of the screen that leaves room for my Mio Console window visible.

This is just the beginning. Not only can you save window sets that will recall location and size of instrument windows, you can select different routing options per window set.

If I wanted a window set that is configured to measuring the MAIN L of a PA, and another one that is configured to measure the FRONT FILLS, and another that is configured to measure the under balc DELAYS, etc...

goto SAVE WINDOW SET AS (with the routing configured for the MAIN L measurement)
goto SAVE WINDOW SET AS (with routing for the front fill measurement), etc...

If I have a mic in each location and leave it there, I can move between the various zones using window set key commands almost instantaneously.

Here are screens shots of some of the window sets I saved to demonstrate things.

Here I have my TF instrument on the left
index.php?t=getfile&id=83&private=0

Here I have my TF instrument on the right
index.php?t=getfile&id=84&private=0

Here I have added a Spectragram
index.php?t=getfile&id=85&private=0

Here I have cleared everything
index.php?t=getfile&id=86&private=0

All (4) window sets recall-able by pressing the number key 1,2,3 or 0.

ra byn (robin)
Re: Window Sets [message #86142 is a reply to message #86141] Sun, 07 September 2014 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is an example using window set 5 / 6 to toggle between a 1/2 screen TF instrument sharing the other half with Mio Console & a full screen TF instrument.

KEY "5"

index.php?t=getfile&id=87&private=0

KEY "6"

index.php?t=getfile&id=88&private=0

ra byn (robin)
Re: Window Sets [message #86143 is a reply to message #86142] Sun, 07 September 2014 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is an example of using window sets to change routing without changing the window layout / size / position:

KEY "7"
index.php?t=getfile&id=89&private=0

KEY "8"
index.php?t=getfile&id=90&private=0

ra byn (robin)
Re: Window Sets [message #86144 is a reply to message #86143] Sun, 07 September 2014 21:44 Go to previous message
This page put together by Allen Rowand gives an idea of how using Window Sets can help manage your input and output routing when using multiple mics and the TRANSFER FUNCTION instrument.

http://mhsecure.com/metric_halo/support/tutorials/224-multiz one-measurement-with-spectrafoo.html

ra byn (robin)
Previous Topic: Workflow Features
Next Topic: Information below -144 dBFS for 24-bit playback
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Mon Jul 06 19:51:02 EDT 2020