Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » Interfaces » Lio-8 plus 2882 (Aggregate device and level issues.)
Lio-8 plus 2882 [message #86384] Sun, 29 May 2016 03:28 Go to next message
Slojammin is currently offline  Slojammin
Hi, I'm after a bit of info....

I have a Lio-8 and a 2882+dsp. I am trying to set them up to give me 16 outputs to make use of my dangerous buss summing mixer.

I have set up an aggregate device in the audio midi utility (osx 10.8.5)

Problem 1: It works kind of okay but the output of the two units is radically different. The 2882 being much louder. They have identical settings in the Mio console. Is there an exact amout I need to attenuate the 2882 outputs? feels like about 10db.

Problem 2: The timing is close but not locked together. I am sending word clock at 44.1 from the Lio-8 to the 2882 which is in slave mode. And I have connected the two together with a firewire cable. If I run an identical track to the two units and flip the phase on one I can't get them to null no matter how much I fine tune the levels or nudge the tracks left or right by the smallest increments. Just want to know if I am being too optimistic expecting that to happen. Is it a problem with the aggregate device or do these two units just not play well together.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: Lio-8 plus 2882 [message #86454 is a reply to message #86384] Mon, 21 November 2016 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pedja is currently offline  pedja
I would like to know exactly the same thing.
My problem is even with 2 lio8
No way to time allign them,and it's very important for my way of working.
Is it possible at all?
Would be really sad if had to change the system

Greetings
Re: Lio-8 plus 2882 [message #86790 is a reply to message #86454] Wed, 15 August 2018 05:14 Go to previous message
bj is currently offline  bj
The best way to deal with this at the present time would be to upgrade your units to 3d.
Previous Topic: Storing Presets on LIO8 [Beta]
Next Topic: Mode!!
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Thu Jun 04 17:04:55 EDT 2020