Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » Interfaces » MH ULN-8 and Pro Tools 12 (How to get PT12 to see ULN-8 interface)
MH ULN-8 and Pro Tools 12 [message #86580] Tue, 19 September 2017 16:12 Go to next message
bystander is currently offline  bystander
Hi there. I have a MH ULN-8 and I recently installed a trial version of Pro Tools First, which is a reduced-feature version of PT12. The specs for it claim that it should be compatible with any Core Audio/ASIO compatible device. I can't seem to figure out how to get PT to recognize the interface for some reason.

My setup:

Macbook Pro 2017 with OSX Sierra
Metric Halo ULN-8
Pro Tools 12 (First)

Here's what I know:

- Using the MIO Console I can get audio there, so I know that it is at least interfaced with my laptop hardware alright.
- If I go to Sound in my System Preferences while it's plugged in. I don't see it as a choice for an interface. I'm not sure if that's to be expected.
- If I go to Options > Hardware... in PT12 I don't see anything but the ProTools Aggregate IO and the built in mic as a choice for an Input. If I select the Aggregate IO, I just get the mic.
- I looked up a couple of tutorials and they both mention an IO section to select in the Options dropdown in PT, but I don't see that in any of the dropdowns. I'm not sure if that's changed in the latest PT version or if it has something to do with the version being a limited feature version.

Any point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Re: MH ULN-8 and Pro Tools 12 [message #86581 is a reply to message #86580] Tue, 19 September 2017 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jon is currently offline  jon
Make sure that you have the latest driver installed. This would be part of the latest software download. It's the file called MIODriver_5.4d238_Universal.pkg. You will be asked to restart your computer after running it. This allows a connected 2882 to appear in Apple System Preferences.

Also see this FAQ and run the protocol provided:

http://www.mhsecure.com/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat =1&id=331

Should this not get you going, please open a support ticket:

http://mhsecure.com/support/

Best regards,

Jon Stern
Metric Halo Support
Re: MH ULN-8 and Pro Tools 12 [message #86582 is a reply to message #86581] Wed, 20 September 2017 00:12 Go to previous message
bystander is currently offline  bystander
That was the problem. I downloaded and installed the latest driver and I can now see the ULN-8 as an option. Thanks for the help!
Previous Topic: 2882 wordclock sync issues
Next Topic: Firewire to USB_ULN2
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Thu May 28 00:27:57 EDT 2020