Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » Interfaces » Help setting up a live recording session (ULN-2 Related) (How to setup?)
Help setting up a live recording session (ULN-2 Related) [message #86690] Wed, 21 March 2018 11:23 Go to next message
joeytpg is currently offline  joeytpg
Hi everyone, I'm not too knowledgable when it comes to setting up things for live recording. I need to record a performance that'll have a drummer, bass player, guitar player, singer and some samples (ran through a backing track session)

I will record in a rehearsal space (there's gonna be a live performance video recording of it too). The place has a Console that all the mics connect too and go out through the PA. How can I record this into my laptop in the best way possible. I don't know what console it is.

My equipment is:

MacBook Pro Running Logic
Interface: Metric Halo ULN-2 (2D card installed)

How would you setup things to capture the recording?
Re: Help setting up a live recording session (ULN-2 Related) [message #86691 is a reply to message #86690] Thu, 22 March 2018 15:24 Go to previous message
bj is currently offline  bj
Unless you have some more A/Ds available or the board is digital with digital outputs, you will only be able to record a stereo analog signal with the ULN-2.

As a result, you are going to have to set up a mix on the board (hopefully that you like) and then send the mix to the ULN-2 and then record the 2-Mix with a DAW or with the Record Panel...
Previous Topic: Guitar levels?
Next Topic: Mio Console Crashes hwhen put on ULN-8---
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Thu May 28 00:25:53 EDT 2020