Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » Interfaces » Adat configuration questions
Adat configuration questions [message #86763] Mon, 16 July 2018 01:39 Go to next message
Flore is currently offline  Flore
Hi everybody,

I'm the lucky owner of a 2882 for a couple of years.
I've bought 3 days ago a Berhinger ada8200 because i needed more inputs, but i couldn't find a way to make it work.
son here is my configuration:

MH adat in connected to Berhinger adat out (only 1 cable)

On my first attempt i didn't noticed the ada8200 was set to master. At that point i had signal inside MH console, but i couldn't route the audio signal into Ableton.

I've then switched the ada8200 to be slaved through adat in. Now the MH console doesn't get any signal.
On the MH Console:
Clock Source is internal
System Locked

Have i missed something ?

Thank you!
Re: Adat configuration questions [message #86764 is a reply to message #86763] Mon, 16 July 2018 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bj is currently offline  bj
Flore wrote on Mon, 16 July 2018 01:39

I'm the lucky owner of a 2882 for a couple of years.
I've bought 3 days ago a Berhinger ada8200 because i needed more inputs, but i couldn't find a way to make it work.
son here is my configuration:

MH dat in connected to Berhinger adat out (only 1 cable)

If you only have one ADAT cable from the Berhinger output to the 2882 input, you must clock the 2882 from the Berhinger. If you want to use the 2882 as the master, you will need to slave the Berhinger either via ADAT or word clock.

On my first attempt i didn't noticed the ada8200 was set to master. At that point i had signal inside MH console, but i couldn't route the audio signal into Ableton.

If you have ADAT inputs in the mixer, you need to make sure that they are routed to FW. That's probably why you didn't see the signal.

I've then switched the ada8200 to be slaved through adat in. Now the MH console doesn't get any signal.
On the MH Console:
Clock Source is internal
System Locked

Have i missed something ?

Thank you!

If you set the behringer to slave to ADAT, you will need to have a cable going from the 2882 ADAT out to the Behringer ADAT In; otherwise the behringer will not have clock.
Re: Adat configuration questions [message #86765 is a reply to message #86764] Wed, 18 July 2018 02:42 Go to previous message
Flore is currently offline  Flore
Hi bj,

thanks a lot for your message!
yeah, i had to connect back and forth the 2 units. Now it works like a charm.

thanks!
Previous Topic: Way to easily switch between Mic/DI/analogue insert inputs on ULN-2?
Next Topic: ULN2 error
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 03 09:35:46 EDT 2020