Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » Interfaces » Best Way to run
Best Way to run [message #86779] Fri, 03 August 2018 10:44 Go to next message
natejasper133 is currently offline  natejasper133
Hi there,
I am moving my studio and I have a live "B" room that will be 150 feet from the main control room. I would like to have 3 metric halos in the "B" room so I have short cable runs prior to the A/D conversion. The metric halos have an 8 in/8 out 192k AES interface using d25 connectors. The studio already has cat 5 wiring in place from the B room to the control room. Is there an aes to cat 5 and then a cat 5 to aes conversion device available that folks could recommend? Or, if not, is there a recommended way to run aes cable 150 feet.
Thanks for your time,
Re: Best Way to run [message #86780 is a reply to message #86779] Fri, 03 August 2018 15:24 Go to previous message
bj is currently offline  bj
Do you already have the ULN-8s?

In any case, for what you are describing, you will want to either get ULN-8/3d units or if you already have the ULN-8's, get 3d Upgrades for them.

That will allow you to aggregate all the inputs onto one Cat5 and remote your computer from the interfaces. You can even have interfaces in the control room and have all your audio, clock and data on the one Cat5 cable.

Check out:

Metric Halo 3d Card

for more info.

If you only want to have an AES pair, then you can probably just run the AES 150 feet on something like Belden Mediatwist (you could even try the cat-5 you all ready have).

There are a number of active and passive AES <-> Cat5 products available. The passive ones are inexpensive.
Previous Topic: 3d - New converters ?
Next Topic: Beta feature requests
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Sun May 31 02:59:43 EDT 2020