Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » MIOConsole » How do I remove a group bus? (3d) + minor feature request (I know it's gotta be here somewhere... ;))
How do I remove a group bus? (3d) + minor feature request [message #87257] Fri, 02 August 2019 01:36 Go to next message
blownauratone is currently offline  blownauratone
I added a couple of groups as part of some experimentation. Now I don't need them anymore, but they don't respond to "Delete Strips" and there don't seem to be any management functions in the "Configure Mixer" window.

Any ideas on how to remove them?

In case BJ sees this, I'd also love an easier way to remove inserts. Having to open the selection menu and choose "None" is a bit too slow, especially when working across many instances. Am I missing a trick? Just a "Select Insert > Hit Backspace > Insert Gone" workflow would be ideal.

If that seems too fraught for some uses, perhaps that behavior could be switched by a toggle in prefs.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 August 2019 01:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How do I remove a group bus? (3d) + minor feature request [message #87258 is a reply to message #87257] Fri, 02 August 2019 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blownauratone is currently offline  blownauratone
Quick update: I found my group delete answer in another thread. Go to "Configure Mixer" and reduce the number of groups to delete all or some. Still feels like it'd be useful to be able to choose specific groups to ditch. Smile
Re: How do I remove a group bus? (3d) + minor feature request [message #87259 is a reply to message #87258] Fri, 02 August 2019 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bj is currently offline  bj
In the soon-to-be-released pb7, you can delete a Group or Aux by deleting the master strip for the bus (this will also remove the bus); so your feature request is implemented in the upcoming release.

As far as the request for easier/alternate ways to delete/remove inserts, can you please file a feature request via the Help > New Feature Request... command in MIOConsole3d? Thanks!
Re: How do I remove a group bus? (3d) + minor feature request [message #87425 is a reply to message #87258] Wed, 04 December 2019 02:02 Go to previous message
sedersmith is currently offline  sedersmith
blownauratone wrote on Fri, 02 August 2019 15:35
Quick update: I found my group delete answer in another thread. Go to "Configure Mixer" and reduce the number of groups to delete all or some. Still feels like it'd be useful to be able to choose specific groups to ditch. Smile

Hi buddy, is there any way to perform the action in bulk?

Regards,
Seder Smith

Forum is Love
Previous Topic: Newbie Hardware routing question
Next Topic: Looking for resources with Pro Tools 12
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Thu Feb 20 16:09:14 EST 2020