Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » MIOConsole » Recording not working since pb7 -empty files created & no waveform (Problem with record panel)
Recording not working since pb7 -empty files created & no waveform [message #87306] Fri, 30 August 2019 16:26 Go to next message
stickman is currently offline  stickman
just updated to 3d pb7 and went on to jam on the guitar as every night by hitting record a couple of times. I saw the folders and files being created in my usual recording folder but it's only afterwards that i noticed the files are empty.
pretty bummed about it cause i was recording some great ideas ... well i thought i was recording them .. they are gone now Sad

after trying again i also noticed that the recording panel doesn't show the waveform while recording as usual, should've checked that while i was playin i guess.

i installed the new Mio panel and then updated the firmware via the new option in the console, rebooted the LIO and then installed the driver via the MIO panel and restarted the computer.

Anyone else experienceing this issue ? anything i can do to fix it ? i'm connecting via ethernet with USB disconnected ...

[Updated on: Fri, 30 August 2019 16:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Recording not working since pb7 -empty files created & no waveform [message #87307 is a reply to message #87306] Fri, 30 August 2019 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bj is currently offline  bj
Can you post the Recording.log?
Re: Recording not working since pb7 -empty files created & no waveform [message #87308 is a reply to message #87307] Fri, 30 August 2019 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sur BJ, btw the only thing i changed to before except updating the software/driver/firmware was adding the $date$ to the recording filename in the preferences, not sure if that's related but since the files got created i guess not.
Re: Recording not working since pb7 -empty files created & no waveform [message #87309 is a reply to message #87308] Fri, 30 August 2019 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh btw i also have another issue with the recording panel which was also present in the previous version: i always have to go to the 'fit tracks vertically' option otherwise i don't see any tracks in the recording panel.
Re: Recording not working since pb7 -empty files created & no waveform [message #87313 is a reply to message #87309] Tue, 03 September 2019 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok it seems the recording is working again after deleting the preferences. However i first could not figure out how to set up my monitor controller again. I thought it would be loaded when loading my console preset but it didn't and i couldn't add any monitor assignements in pb7. Just installed pb8 and now it's working. Quick question what are the greyed out outputs (see screenshot) ?

[Updated on: Tue, 03 September 2019 12:16]

Re: Recording not working since pb7 -empty files created & no waveform [message #87314 is a reply to message #87313] Tue, 03 September 2019 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The headphones are automatically assigned to the Headphone CUE if MIOConsole creates the monitoring configuration (as it would do if you deleted your old one).
Re: Recording not working since pb7 -empty files created & no waveform [message #87315 is a reply to message #87314] Tue, 03 September 2019 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok cool, cheers Smile

i still have the issue that when i start the MIO panel the record panel only shows the first track on the whole height of the record panel. Would be cool to have an 'Auto fit/zoom track vertically' as an option that could be permanently enabled/disabled in a future build.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 September 2019 13:29]

Re: Recording not working since pb7 -empty files created & no waveform [message #87316 is a reply to message #87315] Tue, 03 September 2019 13:39 Go to previous message
Fair enough. Can you please use Help > New Feature Request... to file a feature request into our system. Thanks!
Previous Topic: standard midi map
Next Topic: Apple TV through ULN-2
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 25 19:59:48 EDT 2020