Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » MIOConsole » Auto changing of sample rate
Auto changing of sample rate [message #87375] Mon, 28 October 2019 15:32 Go to next message
MatthieuTibi is currently offline  MatthieuTibi
Hello,

Is it possible to make a sample rate change (typically from 48kHz to 44,1kHz or reverse) from an external application ?

For example audiophile applications like Swinsian (and many other) have the ability to change the audio device sample rate depending off the source.

But when I check that option in Swinsian, nothing happens :

if the 2882 is set in 48kHz, the read of a 44,1kHz song in Swinsian doesn't change the sample rate in MIO console.

My OS is 10.13.6.
I use a old MIO version (MIOConsole_v.5.6.06.218.zip), because of a bug in the ulterior versions
(see topic « 882 2d - Surround Monitor path not working »)

Is it related to this old version ?
Or is it not possible with Metric Halo sound cards ?

Thanks,
Matthieu
Re: Auto changing of sample rate [message #87376 is a reply to message #87375] Mon, 28 October 2019 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bj is currently offline  bj
If the MIO is set to internal clock, then any CoreAudio device can change its sample rate. Logic, Pro Tools, DP, etc. do this all the time.

If the app is not changing the sample rate, it is likely due to a bug in the app as that control is published through CoreAudio.

If the MIO is set to external clock, then the computer can't control the clock rate - the external source does.
Re: Auto changing of sample rate [message #87377 is a reply to message #87376] Mon, 28 October 2019 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Ok so it must be a bug of Swinsian...
I'll try with another soft.

Thanks !
Matthieu

[Updated on: Mon, 28 October 2019 17:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Auto changing of sample rate [message #87378 is a reply to message #87377] Mon, 28 October 2019 17:46 Go to previous message
Hello,

That's correct I just tried with another Player, Audirvana, and it works.
So there must be a bug with Swinsian.

Thanks,
Matthieu
Previous Topic: Delete/Remove MON Source
Next Topic: 2882 2d - Surround Monitor path not working
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Sat Jan 18 15:05:39 EST 2020