Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » MIOConsole » Metric Halo Console 3d Issue? (Metric Halo Console 3d)
Metric Halo Console 3d Issue? [message #87385] Tue, 05 November 2019 03:26 Go to next message
BrandonRichey is currently offline  BrandonRichey
Anyone else having problems with the MIO console 3d (docsbay.net/metric-halo-uln-8-3d) update? I'm running into similar problems, and so does a fellow producer with a nearly identical set-up as mine.. I have Imac i7, 16G Ram, blah Blah.. Lio-8.. I can only run at 256 or 512 samples, have high latencies, audio crackle.. Like you, going above 512 only makes things worse! Also I noticed that reducing track counts from 32 to 16 or 8 in Mio only increases latency and Cpu Load.. With 32 Samples I still have 10.2 latency.. Also, from 32-128 samples everything is unworkalble.. Lastly I noticed that graphics seem to play a part too.. Opening plug-in windows makes things worse rapidly and on the other hand closing the Mio-mixer window helps a little.. This appears to be a specific Metric Halo/Ableton problem since i can't seem to find many other people who run into the same problems with the 3D upgrade.. Hope to hear from you...!

Re: Metric Halo Console 3d Issue? [message #87386 is a reply to message #87385] Tue, 05 November 2019 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wango is currently offline  wango
You should subscribe to the Mobile IO list

Lots of input from other users and esp. B.J. who is
there on a regular base.

Best
Ab van Goor
Re: Metric Halo Console 3d Issue? [message #87387 is a reply to message #87386] Tue, 05 November 2019 13:03 Go to previous message
bj is currently offline  bj
Ableton does something strange that seems to cause problems for the underlying Ethernet driver. Our current recommendation is to use USB for audio transport to/from Ableton. With pb8 and pb9 you can use USB and Ethernet simultaneously. So if you need more channels or the ability to control and route between more than one box, you can connect both USB and Ethernet. Use the USB CoreAudio device for Ableton, and you can use the MHLink device for other apps.
Previous Topic: 2882 2d - Surround Monitor path not working
Next Topic: is there a way to see input/output signal on Edge Cards?
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Fri Feb 28 20:14:21 EST 2020