Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » MIOConsole » ULN-8 not found by sequencer software (Troubleshooting)
ULN-8 not found by sequencer software [message #87411] Sun, 24 November 2019 09:15 Go to next message
Voideco is currently offline  Voideco
Hi everybody.

It is not my hobby to come in new with bare hands, having nothing to offer. But, having troubles retaining interface functionality, I have to. Let me tell you what's wrong.

I upgraded my OSX to Sierra 10.12.6, from El Capitan. My ULN-8 did work fine with the old OS. Before, I have had it running fine with Sierra OSX 10.12.5, but for reasons I wiped my drive and did a fresh install. The ULN-8 ran fine for a couple of moments with Sierra 10.12.6, but suddenly, poof! All gone.

I noticed that the Metric Halo software does still communicate with the interface. I have the MIO console (5.6.06.218) up and running; when I turn a button, the corresponding values in the mixer change accordingly. But Pro Tools and Audacity don't find the interface anymore all of a sudden. I re-installed Pro Tools 12.7.1 to see if the software upgrade had anything to do with the issue but to no avail. The ULN-8 works all fine, looking at it's mixer, this is definitely a software issue. The interface is not in the hardware list from my OSX Control Panel either, so probly I overlook the obvious, and am I posting an absolute newbe question, please bare with me. But I installed the driver a couple of times, and the ULN-8 worked before, it has suddenly disappeared from my hardware list. As this problem occurs both in Pro Tools as in Audacity and in my OSX Control Panel, I lay my question here.

I hope any of you knowledgeable people will help me out. Thanks in advance.
Re: ULN-8 not found by sequencer software [Solved] [message #87412 is a reply to message #87411] Sun, 24 November 2019 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, AppleCare took charge of this Laughing A firmware update from the MH site did the job. I was told that irregularities like this one sometimes occur with upgrades. Didn't have this under 10.12.5, so I guess 10.12.6 was the culprit.

Thanks for watching! Bye.
Re: ULN-8 not found by sequencer software [Solved] [message #87415 is a reply to message #87412] Mon, 25 November 2019 11:57 Go to previous message
Heck it's back!!

Even after the latest firmware update, the interface has disappeared. I installed the driver again, although that shouldn't have been necessary 'cause I did that already. Then I installed the latest ConsoleConnect.pkg, and it was back. But I suspect this behavior is not over, and the console may well disappear again.

Is there anybody familiar with this kind of issues? I had the thing up and running again, so all fine now. But it came as a surprise today again and surprises are everywhere in computerworld so this may happen again. I am now getting anxious for this incident to occur again.

Anyone?
Previous Topic: MH Link Protocol and USB, AES50
Next Topic: Newbie Hardware routing question
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Sat Jul 11 12:52:54 EDT 2020