Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Software » ChannelStrip » Do you guys use channel strips / mixing console emulations?
Do you guys use channel strips / mixing console emulations? [message #87429] Fri, 06 December 2019 08:15 Go to next message
jadenfrancis is currently offline  jadenfrancis
I've heard some good things about them. Mainly the waves SSL E/G and brainworx. Some of them like the brainworx are both channel strips and console emulations. But I'm skeptical of the console emulation part.
Re: Do you guys use channel strips / mixing console emulations? [message #87780 is a reply to message #87429] Sun, 25 October 2020 11:03 Go to previous message
BeyrSysteme is currently offline  BeyrSysteme
I've experimented with a few of these.

Console 1, MIO DSP, BX SSL, MIO Character, etc

When listening critically, Console 1 (SSL9k) and MIO DSP/Character had pretty solid results when using the EQ/Comp/Limiter extensively.

The rest sounded smeary/phasey to me.

BX_SSL might be interesting if working away from an iLok. It didn't sound as good as SSL Duende, MIO Channelstrip+Character, or MIO DSP Mixer Channel + Character.

Working mostly with transient-heavy music, and personally biased towards the sound of SSL 9k/Superanalogue outboard for mixing.
Previous Topic: Quick shortcut to set apply default fades?
Next Topic: Production Bundle: Non-iLok version wanted
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Sun Nov 29 08:08:20 EST 2020