Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » MIOConsole » Recording not working on MIOConsole (with upgraded 3d 2882) (Recording not working)
Recording not working on MIOConsole (with upgraded 3d 2882) [message #87482] Thu, 16 January 2020 20:58 Go to next message
wjcMH is currently offline  wjcMH

Hi,

This feels like a real stupid question for what seems like a simple issue.

In the past (with my 2882, that I have had forever), I would set up some sort of analog sound source (mic, tape deck, etc) into one of the Analog inputs. Once I verified that audio was coming through that Input, I'd go to record whatever I wanted and I get an audio file with my recording.

Now I haven't much time with my upgraded 3d 2882 but it seemed to be fairly simple to set up in the same way as described above. Only this time when I start (then stop) recording, I get an empty (flat-line) audio file along with a Recording.log (attached). I have tweaked a ton of things from System Preferences>Sound to Audio MIDI Setup>Audio Devices to plugging and unplugging the 2882 to try and get some actual audio. The 2882 *does* show up as an audio device in these items. Still...no dice. And no recording. Sad

I have MIOConsole v.pb9, MHLink driver v.2.0.68, 2882 driver v.6.0.93, MacOS Catalina 10.15.2, MacBook Pro 2016. The 2882 is connected via USB into a USB 3 hub.

Thanks in advance for clueing me in.

-wm.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 January 2020 20:58]

Report message to a moderator

[SOLVED] Re: Recording not working on MIOConsole (with upgraded 3d 2882) [message #87483 is a reply to message #87482] Thu, 16 January 2020 21:21 Go to previous message
wjcMH is currently offline  wjcMH

Stupid me. A reboot of my Mac seemed to have solved the problem. It was the only obvious/non-obvious thing I didn't try. Until I did. Sorry for wasting anyone's time.

-wm
Previous Topic: [SOLVED] Mackie Control on ULN-2 3D
Next Topic: Offline sound (3d)
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Wed Apr 01 20:10:53 EDT 2020