Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Today's Messages (on)  | Unanswered Messages (off)

Forum: Interfaces
 Topic: Whats the issue with a Win10 ASIO driver ?
Re: Whats the issue with a Win10 ASIO driver ? [message #87965 is a reply to message #87916] Fri, 16 April 2021 04:59
rsnt is currently offline  rsnt
MH dev team, realistically, is there ever going to be a Windows driver for these interfaces? It really doesn't make sense for there not to be, and many of us use both platforms in the studio, especially those of us doing VR, which is poorly supported on the mac platform.
 Topic: ULN8 in Standalone for Windows
Re: ULN8 in Standalone for Windows [message #87966 is a reply to message #87664] Fri, 16 April 2021 05:04
Just a question about this Bj, I also have 3 x ULN8's in my main room, and we want to use Windows machines soon too. The USB streaming only shows 8 IO's? How would one address this? Considering we're using the monitor controller with 16 different speakers as it is, and we often work at 96k. Thoughts?
Re: ULN8 in Standalone for Windows [message #87967 is a reply to message #87966] Fri, 16 April 2021 06:39
tompisa is currently offline  tompisa
Win and Mac . Workaround since many many years here , is to make use of the ULN/ LIOs on Win10 by connecting AES/ EBU with PCIe Cards and sync with WC.

ASIO4ALL is simply not practical if it comes to sample buffers < 512.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 April 2021 06:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ULN8 in Standalone for Windows [message #87968 is a reply to message #87967] Fri, 16 April 2021 06:50
This really is a painful way to 'fix' this issue. It's really time MH made a workable Windows driver for this system. Agreed ASIO4ALL is not a great driver.
Re: ULN8 in Standalone for Windows [message #87969 is a reply to message #87968] Fri, 16 April 2021 07:15
tompisa is currently offline  tompisa
As much as I like and respect Metric Halo and his owner and have trusted it for nearly 2 decades, the (non-) communication on the subject is beyond my understanding.

BJ says nothing about this topic and it may be that in beautiful Safety Harbour FL, and also (I may say this) from a certain age not everything has the same priority and passion as 20 years ago. But a reasonable answer on whether at all on a ASIO Windows driver is in progress would show at least some politeness and respectfulness to his customers who would need to work on both systems, MacOs and Win. But well, enough blubbering. Laughing

Current Time: Fri Apr 16 16:44:57 EDT 2021