MH Multiband Expander
Expand your horizons
Multiband Expander is a plug-in that allows you to manage, suppress and control noise in
your tracks in a frequency-sensitive way. The 3-band phase-coherent crossover network directs the
audio to three independent expanders that you configure to smoothly suppress noise below the
threshold you specify. The expanders can also be configured to change the feel of rhythmic
patterns by suppressing elements that are played more softly – all in a frequency-sensitive way.
Multiband Expander features SpectraFoo™ spectral analysis to allow you to zero-in on crossover
points and thresholds quickly and with confidence.
The Multiband feature of the expander is extremely useful for controlling noise and hum in
guitar tracks, as you can attack the noise more aggressively than the desired signal.
While Multiband Expander is not an essential tool for every mix, when you need it, it will really
save the day!
When Grammy Nominated Engineer
Ariel Borujow used the Production Bundle to mix Charlie Red, he found that the tracks were noisy at times
and he was able to use the Multiband Expander to carve out the noise. The very accurate spectrum analysis feature
allowed him to zero in and position the bands for maximum effect.
Try it today — You’ll love it!
Sale Price: $75
— Or purchase as part of the Production Bundle at a substantial discount.
- Low, mid, & high band expanders with independent controls
- Comprehensive master-slave linking between bands
- Dynamic Transfer function to show the overall response
- SpectraFoo™ spectrum analysis built-in
- Scalable gain reduction meters
- Adjustable UI size
- MH Preset Manager - Provides cross-platform presets
Try It Free for 30 Days
We want you to hear how Metric Halo can bring your mixes to the next level
– that’s why we have a free, fully functional
30-day trial for MH Multiband Expander included in the Production Bundle Trial.
Try all the plugins in the Production Bundle for yourself today!
Is MH Multiband Expander for you?
- Rely on the best sound quality available with Metric Halo’s award-winning DSP.
- Clean your tracks when you need to - in low-latency real time.
- Make room in the mix for tracks that are getting stomped by noise.
- Use SpectraFoo to apply processing just where it is needed.
- Get inspired!
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or newer. Intel Processor. AU, VST, or AAX (Pro Tools 10, 11 & 12 DSP & Native) host. 32 & 64 bit.
- Windows 7 or newer. Intel Processor. VST or AAX (Pro Tools 10, 11 & 12 DSP & Native) host. 32 & 64 bit.
- iLok.com account.
- iLok dongle is optional — you may install the license on iLok for portability.
- Only one license required – works on all supported platforms.
MH Multiband Expander User’s Guide