Early Access Release 8 of the Metric Halo 3d software is now available for download
A detailed change log is available at the bottom of this message.
The direct download link for the software is:
3d Early Access Quick Start Guide
There is an abbreviated quick start guide linked below to help you get started; it has been updated for pb8:
3d Early Access Quickstart Guide
The component versions in this release are:
|MIO Console Version:||6.0.0 ||Updated|
|Firmware Version :||6.0.93||Updated|
|Driver Version :||2.0.68||Unchanged|
Release 8 of Metric Halo’s 3d software includes 8 new features and
40 stability and performance enhancements. This document details these new
features and enhancements.
New Feature: Automatically set Cascade in Cue Assign
Generally when re-assigning the output path of a cue controller you will be assigning stereo pairs for headphones or monitors. With the Cascade automatically set, this operation is requires less clicks to assign an output.
New Feature: Allow Editing Cue Name by Double Clicking on Cue Name Label
You can now rename a Cue by double clicking on the name in the Cue Controller UI. Before you had to edit the cue output path and rename the output path to change the name of the Cue.
New Feature: Edit Strip Configuration via context click
You can now right-click or <control> click on a mixer pane legend to directly access the "Configure Mixer Strip Controls" window for that pane. This removes the need to select that command from the hamburger menu for that pane.
New Feature: Add manual Check for Update command
You can initiate a software version Update Check at any time to determine if there is a new version of the software available.
MIO Console 3d automatically checks on launch and when 3d hardware is connected to the computer.
This new command allows you to check to see if an update is available without having to relaunch the software. To Check for an update, use the MIOConsole3d > Check for Update… menu command.
New Feature: Add Identify Box command
The context menu for the each Unit pane in the System Status Panel now has an Identify Box command.
You can right-click or <control> click on the Unit pane for a box and select the Identify Box command; this will cause the front panel of the associated hardware to show a sinewave pattern on the input and output meters for 5 seconds.
Use this command to easily identify which physical box is associated with the representation of the hardware in MIO Consoled 3d.
New Feature: Add Fine Grained control over Bus master visibility
In the Hamburger Menu for each mixer pane, we have split the "Show Bus Master Strips" item into individual items for each of the bus types (Main, Group, Aux, Solo).
This new feature allows you to partition the various types of bus master strips into different mixer panes. For example, you could put the Main and Group masters into the second mixer pane, while leaving the Aux Masters interleaved with your input strips in the first mixer pane.
New Feature: Connect 2882 Front Panel Mute/Dim buttons
The Mute and Dim buttons on the Front Panel of the 2882 now control the Mute and Dim (-18dB) of the headphone output path of the 2882.
Issue Resolution: Fix Ethernet compatibility issues with 10GbE on iMac Pro
The 10 GbE adapter included with the iMacPro (and other computers) generates Ethernet packets that do not precisely match the Ethernet spec. In order to provide compatibility with this Ethernet controller we relaxed the validation performed in the MHLink Ethernet receiver. This allows the MHLink receiver to interoperate with Ethernet controllers that generate out-of-spec packet preambles.
Changes Since pb7: (67 commits)
- FEATURE:  Automatically set cascade for destination channel selectors in Cues
- FEATURE:  Allow Editing Cue Name by Double Clicking on Cue Name Label
- FEATURE:  Provide direct access to strip configuration via context click on legend
- FEATURE:  Add manual Check for Update command
- FEATURE:  Add support to identify box from MIO Console
- FEATURE:  Add finer grained support for hide/show of bus master strips
- BUG FIX:  Ensure mute/dim are processed before gain change; fixes MC HW/SW sync issue
- BUG FIX:  Ensure LinkingApplyToAll (alt/opt click) also applies to bus masters
- BUG FIX:  Fix crash caused by cascading plugin insert to DCA strip
- BUG FIX:  Ensure to host and bus output assigns are resized when bus width changed
- BUG FIX:  Fix SMPTE/ITU 5.1 panner channel layout (C <-> R)
- BUG FIX:  Ensure tooltip for MC output buttons is updated when path is edited
- BUG FIX:  Change name of color controls to match documentation
- BUG FIX:  Remove unused channel categories from channel destination selector
- BUG FIX:  Ensure bus outputs assigned to host are considered for the Record Panel
- BUG FIX:  Avoid shifting To Host channels
- BUG FIX:  Make label in mixer and configuration dialog match for Source (Input -> Source)
- BUG FIX:  Fix crash when mutually assigning groups to each other
- BUG FIX:  I/O returns should not support returning from a bus
- BUG FIX:  Avoid crash with Copy/Cut/Paste/Undo/Redo
- BUG FIX:  Ensure "Show Legend" responds to new bus master strip flags
- BUG FIX:  Fix gain bumps when changing MC gain from front panel
- BUG FIX:  Ensure preinsert auxes are time aligned
- BUG FIX:  Ensure Mute and Solo on aux busses work when aux is post fader
- BUG FIX:  Fix configuration of pre-insert auxes
- BUG FIX:  Ensure RP track order follows mixer strip order
- BUG FIX:  Only allow showing hard mutes if hard mutes are enabled
- BUG FIX:  Fix crash when disabling RE from RP when "Show only Record Enabled Tracks" is on
- BUG FIX:  Ensure Hard Mute on Bus Strip actually mutes before the inserts
- BUG FIX:  Fix typo in popup label
- BUG FIX:  Handle mix bus updates when the bus list has gaps in bus Ids caused by user deletions
- BUG FIX:  Fix registration window crash on 10.8.x (remove dependency on 10.9+ API)
- BUG FIX:  Fix crash in cut/copy/paste when there is no target for the operation
- BUG FIX:  Ensure that we only add unit if probe does not fail, and do so under lock
- BUG FIX:  Reduce the number of characters required for dealer field to 3
- BUG FIX:  Make sure the MixerConfig window can only be launched one at a time
- BUG FIX:  Ensure Record Enable is not shown on DCA strips
- BUG FIX:  Ensure Hard Mute also Mutes Pre Insert Direct Outs and Auxes
- BUG FIX: Work Around macOS bug that prevents capturing backtrace for uncaught exception
- BUG FIX: Properly cleanup async notifications to fix crash on quit
- BUG FIX: Improve fader positioning when meters are not shown on strip
- BUG FIX: Fix OS version detection on OSes older that 10.13
- BUG FIX: Ensure we only write to HW when restoring, not saving
- BUG FIX: Ensure that pre insert direct out doesn't get lost during mixer restore
- BUG FIX: Add nullcheck for domain in clearAllMonitorLinks
Firmware Changes since 6.0.89 (23 commits)
- FEATURE:  Add support for box identification
- FEATURE:  Reconnect 2882 FP Mute + Dim to control over headphone amp
- BUG FIX:  Handle Enet packets that don't have the expected preamble