Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » Interfaces » Lio8 3d New owner questions (Lio8 3d questions)
Lio8 3d New owner questions [message #87772] Wed, 14 October 2020 19:45 Go to next message
nikosmix is currently offline  nikosmix
Hello everyone and thanks for having me. Its nice to see a strong community behind a very crucial product for the studio.

As i am waiting for my lio83d to arrive i am preparing the wiring for my patchbay setup. (neutrik soldered nppa) and i would need your help to enlighten on some matters so that i can prepare properly.

1) Connecting the dsub and the 1/2 analogue out mult will still keep the signal in both places ? For example : if i drive my speakers with the 1/2 analogue out i can still have the signal from 1 and 2 present on my patchbay if connected with the dsub?

2) Can i use the headphone out as a "9/10" unbalanced analogue out ? trs --> 2 x ts (L ,R)

3) The adat units connected to the Edge card will show in the mio console like all others tracks ? (i know... please forgive the entry level questions)

4) The lio 8 3d comes with the mio console ? or the v5 mixer ?

5) Will the "monitor controller" affect or colour the signal going to the speakers ? I am aiming to use it set at unity and utilize my dangerous monitor ST for speaker management.

Thank you for your help.

Nick
Re: Lio8 3d New owner questions [message #87773 is a reply to message #87772] Thu, 15 October 2020 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bj is currently offline  bj
nikosmix wrote on Wed, 14 October 2020 19:45
1) Connecting the dsub and the 1/2 analogue out mult will still keep the signal in both places ? For example : if i drive my speakers with the 1/2 analogue out i can still have the signal from 1 and 2 present on my patchbay if connected with the dsub?

Yes.

2) Can i use the headphone out as a "9/10" unbalanced analogue out ? trs --> 2 x ts (L ,R)

Yes.

3) The adat units connected to the Edge card will show in the mio console like all others tracks ? (i know... please forgive the entry level questions)

Yes.

4) The lio 8 3d comes with the mio console ? or the v5 mixer ?

It comes with MIOConsole3d. You can download the software and the PDF documentation from:

https://mhsecure.com/3d_Early_Access/release_notes/pb10.html

5) Will the "monitor controller" affect or colour the signal going to the speakers ? I am aiming to use it set at unity and utilize my dangerous monitor ST for speaker management.

You can remove the MC if you would rather not go through it. But no it will not affect the signal unless you specifically configure it to do so.

Re: Lio8 3d New owner questions [message #87774 is a reply to message #87773] Thu, 15 October 2020 09:04 Go to previous message
nikosmix is currently offline  nikosmix
Thank you very much for your answers !
Previous Topic: Linking 2882 2d to ULN-8 3d as a 16 channel set up?
Next Topic: can I use my 2882 2d cards in my ULN2's?
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Sat Dec 05 09:45:13 EST 2020