Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » Interfaces » Daisy chained ULN8 with MH Link : sizzling noise
Daisy chained ULN8 with MH Link : sizzling noise [message #87782] Sun, 08 November 2020 06:51 Go to next message
tompisa is currently offline  tompisa
Hello

when I run two ULN8 connected to MH Link on a MacMini Catalina (2020 model, i7 - 6 core, 64 GRam, SSD) I keep getting a sizzling noise from time to time . These noises sound similar to a sound which I get with a too little sample buffer in a DAW. I am using the latest MH drivers /pb10.

The noise also occur without using a DAW, if I only have MIO active. it sounds similar to a static discharge.

I tried everything possible to find the source of the error, but without success. E.g. WiFi turned off, Bluetooth turned off, alternative Cat cables used. Removed USB devices on the Mac Mini and also checked the graphics settings and monitor resolution (native). There are always these strange noises.

I'm thankful for every tip concerning the roote cause.
Re: Daisy chained ULN8 with MH Link : sizzling noise [message #87820 is a reply to message #87782] Sat, 19 December 2020 11:21 Go to previous message
emilio2882 is currently offline  emilio2882
Just wanted to bump this because I have the same problem. I upgraded my 2882 to 3D because I bought a new computer- 2020 27inch iMac running Catalina 10.15.7 3.6 GHz i9 10 core, 40 GB Ram.

Same issue here. happens when I'm playing back streaming audio, in quicktime from the hard drive, Reaper, Ableton. It's a "sizzle" sound that comes and goes. Sometimes it gets really jumpy/skippy like when my buffer size is set very very low in ableton in a big setting and it started skipping samples.

driving me fucking nuts when I'm trying to work. The best solution i've come up with is to shut my monitors off, reset the unit, then resume. Really frustrating.
Previous Topic: Windows 10 and Firewire
Next Topic: Lio 8 3d and Logic Pro I/O plugin problem
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Sat Jan 16 01:32:48 EST 2021