Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » MIOConsole » Change Analog Monitor Out 1/2 to another output channel? (I want to separate monitor out 1/2 (TRS) from Edge AES 1/2)
Change Analog Monitor Out 1/2 to another output channel? [message #88021] Sat, 05 June 2021 12:35 Go to next message
lookatme is currently offline  lookatme
Hi! I just got a ULN-8 3D interface and I'm wondering if there's a way to route Analog Monitor 1/2 (TRS) to another output in MIO Console, since I want to use it to go out to my outboard 2ch chain, without the monitor control, which is set to Edge AES 1/2, affecting it.
So It would have been nice if there's way, so that I don't have buy another DB25 cable?
I've tried to skim through other threads to see if anybody else has been wondering about the same, but so far I haven't found it, so pardon me if it is!?
Re: Change Analog Monitor Out 1/2 to another output channel? [message #88022 is a reply to message #88021] Sat, 05 June 2021 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bj is currently offline  bj
I'm not 100% sure why you are asking.

If you just want to send something to Analog 1+2 without running through the MC, just unassign Analog 1+2 from the MC (or delete the path) and assign it where you want it in mixer.

If you are asking something else, please clarify.
Re: Change Analog Monitor Out 1/2 to another output channel? [message #88023 is a reply to message #88022] Sun, 06 June 2021 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply, but that's not what I meant.
Looking back I do see that I could have explained it better.
So I'll give it another try:
Since I don't have a DB-25 cable going Line out (1-8) right now, I've been trying to assign the Monitor Out 1/2 (TRS) to another output channel inside of MIO Console, since it interferes with my Edge AES L/R that I'm using for my monitoring.
In hindsight I see why it's probably a mad request, but I hope there was a way for me to go out of Monitor Out 1/2 (TRS) to my outboard gear, without the monitor control affecting the volume level of Monitor Out 1/2. But yeah I suppose I just need to order a DB-25 cable to get that sorted?
(and I'm not sure if I did explain it better, but I tried, so sorry if this comes out as total nonsense:))
Re: Change Analog Monitor Out 1/2 to another output channel? [message #88024 is a reply to message #88023] Sun, 06 June 2021 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bj is currently offline  bj
Ok. The "Monitor 1+2" TRS connectors on the back of the box are hard mults of Analog 1+2 out. So you want to route to Analog 1+2. If you are using AES for your monitoring then then MC should not have any impact on what you are sending to Analog 1+2 (as long as you have removed the Analog 1+2 routing from the MC - the default is for the monitor output to be sent to Analog 1+2, but that routing is not fixed in any way).

If that doesn't get you going, please open a support ticket so our team can look at your file an see what you are trying to accomplish.

https://mhsecure.com/support
Re: Change Analog Monitor Out 1/2 to another output channel? [message #88025 is a reply to message #88024] Mon, 07 June 2021 13:18 Go to previous message
Great! Thanks I sorted it out.
Previous Topic: Record Panel Routing Troubleshooting
Next Topic: No more MIO updates?
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Tue Sep 21 20:17:01 EDT 2021