Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » Interfaces » Whats the issue with a Win10 ASIO driver ?
Whats the issue with a Win10 ASIO driver ? [message #87914] Tue, 16 February 2021 18:32 Go to next message
tompisa is currently offline  tompisa
BJ, don't you feel sorry for the Win users who have been yearning for years to finally be able to use your interfaces? It's not so much about MIO , but about being able to use at least one or two MH devices under Win. ASIO4 ALL is a disaster and completely unusable. Please hear our plea. Sad
Re: Whats the issue with a Win10 ASIO driver ? [message #87916 is a reply to message #87914] Thu, 18 February 2021 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ftvessen is currently offline  ftvessen
I second that so much! Have been wanting to switch to Metric for a while now for my studio and live recording work, but my studio is Windows based so I need a reliable ASIO driver. When, o when?
Re: Whats the issue with a Win10 ASIO driver ? [message #87965 is a reply to message #87916] Fri, 16 April 2021 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsnt is currently offline  rsnt
MH dev team, realistically, is there ever going to be a Windows driver for these interfaces? It really doesn't make sense for there not to be, and many of us use both platforms in the studio, especially those of us doing VR, which is poorly supported on the mac platform.
Re: Whats the issue with a Win10 ASIO driver ? [message #88027 is a reply to message #87914] Mon, 14 June 2021 14:13 Go to previous message
tompisa is currently offline  tompisa
unfortunately no feedback. mmh , I guess its a dead end situation, or... MH will support Win11 Wink

seriously, what is so awful to provide an ASIO driver that works via USB ? Since no other updates have come for months and no V1 for 3D has been released, I fear the worst when reading the following MH self descritpion on their website (see MH "contact us") :

"Metric Halo provides the world with high-resolution metering, analysis, and processing solutions with award winning software and hardware. As an industry leader, Metric Halo has developed a product line so powerful and versatile, its applications range from live sound reinforcement, CD/DVD mixing and mastering, film and broadcast production to forensic science, airline safety investigation, medical research, and designing the next generation Ferrari and BMW automobiles." (is that MH humor or sarcasm ?)

[Updated on: Mon, 14 June 2021 14:20]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: new MH interface or external preamp/converters
Next Topic: ULN-2 3D No sound but Signal showing.
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Wed Jul 28 00:49:50 EDT 2021