Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » MIOConsole » Mute - mutes Cues / everything SOLVED
Mute - mutes Cues / everything SOLVED [message #88062] Tue, 03 August 2021 13:40 Go to next message
scardanelli is currently offline  scardanelli

Can anyone explain please how to have the mutes not kill the signal to every cue etc.

I want to be able to mute the main (control room) but not what is going to the cans. At the moment when I mute a channel strip the sends from that channel are also muted.

Or for that matter with my Cans sends in focus (the gold faders) can they be muted without affecting the main? Can't make head nor tail of the manual on this one I'm afraid.

OK I think I sorted it - configure mixer/ cans pre-mute.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2021 13:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mute - mutes Cues / everything SOLVED [message #88066 is a reply to message #88062] Tue, 03 August 2021 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bj is currently offline  bj
The per Aux mute is independent of the Main bus; so you can mute (when you are on the gold faders) for the specific aux without effecting anything else.

The main mute on the strip interacts with the Auxes based on how you have the "Fader" location set for the given aux (this is controlled per-aux in the Mixer Config window). It sounds like you want the fader to be set to "Pre-Mute". By default it is set to be "Pre-Fader", but post Mute. You can also set it to be "Post-Fader" if you want the aux gain to be an offset from the main strip fader gain.

See page 301 of the manual for more details (Aux busses section)

Re: Mute - mutes Cues / everything SOLVED [message #88069 is a reply to message #88066] Tue, 03 August 2021 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scardanelli is currently offline  scardanelli

Thanks, all sorted now, pre-mute works for me, and obviously solves the main solo problem too, so I can solo inputs without affecting cans mix.
Re: Mute - mutes Cues / everything SOLVED [message #88119 is a reply to message #88066] Thu, 23 September 2021 10:16 Go to previous message
yuvsaha123 is currently offline  yuvsaha123
bj wrote on Tue, 03 August 2021 14:04
The per Aux mute is independent of the Main bus; so you can mute (when you are on the gold faders) for the specific aux without effecting anything else.

The main mute on the strip interacts with the Auxes based on how you have the "Fader" location set for the given aux (this is controlled per-aux in the Mixer Config window). It sounds like you want the fader to be set to "Pre-Mute". By default it is set to be "Pre-Fader", but post Mute. You can also set it to be "Post-Fader" if you want the aux gain to be an offset from the main strip fader gain.

See page 301 of the manual for more details (Aux busses section)

thanks for the awesome information.
Previous Topic: 3D Audio Engine
Next Topic: Mountain Lion Driver Available for Download
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 26 15:28:35 EDT 2021