Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » MIOConsole » Talkback Shortcut Issue
Talkback Shortcut Issue [message #86988] Sun, 17 February 2019 04:20 Go to next message
Dimitris is currently offline  Dimitris
I started to assign a couple of shortcuts and I noticed that the talkback shortcut only works when MIOConsole is selected, and I tried a couple of keys that aren't used by any other application. What is the point of that, if I can't use it while I'm recording on my DAW?
By the way, the Monitor Control Volume +, -, and Mute are working perfectly on any application.
Any ideas?

Mac Pro / Mojave
LIO-8/4p
Focal Solo6
Cubase 10
Re: Talkback Shortcut Issue [message #88061 is a reply to message #86988] Tue, 03 August 2021 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scardanelli is currently offline  scardanelli

Did you ever solve this? I have exactly the same problem, have un-assigned the T from Studio One so it is not creating a new track, but I can only use Talkback when the 3D Console is in focus, not very useful when tracking a band.
Re: Talkback Shortcut Issue [message #88063 is a reply to message #88061] Tue, 03 August 2021 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bj is currently offline  bj
Please see page 212 of the manual. It describes how to set this up so that you can use selected MIO key commands when the MIOConsole3d is not the frontmost app.

Please note: for single key commands (like talkback - ones without modifiers) you will need to change the key command to a key that has modifiers or is a key that you will never commonly use, as when the command is set to be global, MIOConsole3d will capture the keystroke before any other app has a chance to process it - so, for example if you make the 'T' key command global as is, you won't be able to type 'T' in any text field.

Please read the page in the manual - it gives a good description of how to manage this.
Re: Talkback Shortcut Issue [message #88064 is a reply to message #88063] Tue, 03 August 2021 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also - sorry I didn't reply to the original post; I did not see it.
Re: Talkback Shortcut Issue [message #88065 is a reply to message #88064] Tue, 03 August 2021 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hmm page 212 doesn't appear to mention anything about key commands when not foremost app, seems to be all about recording session shortcuts.
Re: Talkback Shortcut Issue [message #88067 is a reply to message #88065] Tue, 03 August 2021 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You might be on a slightly older version of the manual. The one I am referring to is the most recent:

https://mhsecure.com/MIO3d_Docs/MetricHalo3dUsersGuide_r31.p df

(which was released with pb11)
Re: Talkback Shortcut Issue [message #88068 is a reply to message #88065] Tue, 03 August 2021 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

OK found it on page 204, thanks - making sense now!

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2021 14:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Talkback Shortcut Issue [message #88070 is a reply to message #88068] Wed, 04 August 2021 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

One point - is it possible to retain the "only on when pressed" feature when set to global? Or is this an OSX limitation? I've re-assigned the key with a modifier and I notice that if once I tick the global box the properties change to on for first key press - then it needs to be pressed again to switch off. With the recording app in the foreground I can foresee the talkback being left on accidentally as there's no way to see whether it is active unless in Console view.

I can see a way to float the monitor controller but not the Cue panel. Thanks.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 August 2021 05:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Talkback Shortcut Issue [message #88071 is a reply to message #88070] Wed, 04 August 2021 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At the moment it is a macOS limitation. We can see if we can work around it, but the event mechanism is different when it is global.

As far as making the Cue window float, that would be easy to add. Please file a feature request using the Help > New Feature Request command..
Re: Talkback Shortcut Issue [message #88072 is a reply to message #88071] Wed, 04 August 2021 05:50 Go to previous message

Thanks BJ that's great. I'll file that request.
Previous Topic: Recording not working on MIOConsole (with upgraded 3d 2882)
Next Topic: cannot install mhlink because it x86 not arm64
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 26 12:23:12 EDT 2021