Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » +DSP » Using Mobile I/O as Bass or Guitar Preamp/DI replacement? (Curious if people are using it this way or if it is or isn't recommended.)
Using Mobile I/O as Bass or Guitar Preamp/DI replacement? [message #85566] Wed, 14 November 2012 18:22 Go to next message
mommaerts is currently offline  mommaerts
Hi everyone, I'm currently using the 2882 2d expanded as our in-ear monitoring mixer (using limiter and compressor inserts) and am thinking about running my bass directly into the mio with character, miostrip and chorus and then dedicating one of the outputs to go to a stage amplifier (and or FOH feed) as well as running it to our IEM mix.

Currently I run my bass into a tube compressor pedal then a tech 21 bass preamp/di then amp. I'm contemplating getting rid of these pedals and di and using the mio box instead along with being an IEM mixer.

I would like to know what your thoughts are on this or if there are any concerns about doing it this way.

Thank you all for reading and/or replying.

(M)
Re: Using Mobile I/O as Bass or Guitar Preamp/DI replacement? [message #85591 is a reply to message #85566] Sat, 08 December 2012 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tompisa is currently offline  tompisa
with DSP+ software you ll get nice Bass amp models sounding fantastic and deep. much better than Sans/ Tech21
I use these DSP+ models to play directly into my DAW and got rid of my EBS MicroBass mk2
Re: Using Mobile I/O as Bass or Guitar Preamp/DI replacement? [message #85596 is a reply to message #85591] Mon, 10 December 2012 06:05 Go to previous message
barrettisgold is currently offline  barrettisgold
tompisa wrote on Sat, 08 December 2012 12:39
with DSP+ software you ll get nice Bass amp models sounding fantastic and deep. much better than Sans/ Tech21
I use these DSP+ models to play directly into my DAW and got rid of my EBS MicroBass mk2

I agree with Tompisa. I have both +DSP and a Tech21 Para-Driver. The Para-driver is a great tool but the bass amp models on the +DSP do trump it in my opinion. The guitar amp settings are very good too and I think work well with taking pedals.
Previous Topic: Using +DSP Parallel Limiter
Next Topic: How do i use Sidechain input of MIOComp in a graph
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Sat Jul 11 20:09:02 EDT 2020