Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Today's Messages (on)  | Unanswered Messages (off)

Forum: MIOConsole
 Topic: Monitoring Effect Aux
Re: Monitoring Effect Aux [message #88001 is a reply to message #87998] Fri, 14 May 2021 02:37
Niccolo Gallio is currently offline  Niccolo Gallio
On second thought,

Would it e possible (in future MIOConsole versions) to make the Aux busses able to send to other Aux busses?
This would eliminate the need to create a new input track to do so.

Thanks

bj wrote on Thu, 13 May 2021 23:54
If the artist mix is being done on an aux, then your solution is the correct one.

Make a new input;
make the reverb aux bus the input to that input strip.
Make sure that the reverb is set for "fully wet",
then send that channel to the artist's aux mix at the desired level.

2012 MBP
2015 i7 Hackintosh
2x 2882 3d
MIOConsole : 6.0.0 [6296]
Driver : 2.1.03
Digital Performer 10.13
Forum: Interfaces
 Topic: New Uln2 vs Old Uln8 Headphone Amp
Re: New Uln2 vs Old Uln8 Headphone Amp [message #88002 is a reply to message #87982] Fri, 14 May 2021 14:03
johnfurbush is currently offline  johnfurbush
I bought a Grace m900 headphone amp for critical reference. I find that the Uln-8 converters and headphone amp are on par with the Grace. Different but not worse. We all need to know our own gear and how it translates. I just needed the peace of mind after hearing how different the newer Uln-2 was. I will not do any critical work with the Uln-2 ever. I may keep it for live recording using the Adat cards or sell it. Bummer!

Keep It Up!
 Topic: new MH interface or external preamp/converters
Re: new MH interface or external preamp/converters [message #88003 is a reply to message #87989] Fri, 14 May 2021 14:15
johnfurbush is currently offline  johnfurbush
I would go with the Audient or the Focusrite (I had some issues with one of those Audient units) 8 channel pre/with digital outs and get the corresponding card for your Mh unit. Will be the cheaper way to go and will most likely not be the limiting factor in your signal chain.

Keep It Up!

Current Time: Fri May 14 18:09:18 EDT 2021