Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Today's Messages (off)  | Unanswered Messages (on)

Forum: MIOConsole
 Topic: Continuous volume control rather than stepped with Key Command?
Continuous volume control rather than stepped with Key Command? [message #87964] Sat, 10 April 2021 08:07
scardanelli is currently offline  scardanelli

Is there a way to get the volume control in the Monitor window to respond with one continuous press on the F11/12 keys?

At the moment it has to be hit it repeatedly as it only increases or decreases in .5 steps at each touch. Normal Mac behaviour is for continuous pressure - is there a setting in MH Console prefs or in the Mac sys prefs?

Thanks

Forum: Interfaces
 Topic: What's your 'go to' mic with the ULN-2?
What's your 'go to' mic with the ULN-2? [message #87963] Thu, 08 April 2021 21:58
nozzles is currently offline  nozzles
I would love to know what your favourite mic combo is with the ULN-2. I've tried an SM7 but I'm not hearing the quiet pristine pre's ... thought maybe it's my mic choice.

Thanks!

Presonus Studio One Pro
Reaper
Ableton
Reason
Toontrack
ULN-2 3d
2882 3d

Topic: RE: Internet packet loss when MHLink Kext is installed
RE: Internet packet loss when MHLink Kext is installed [message #87959] Mon, 05 April 2021 01:59
mistereventhorizonz is currently offline  mistereventhorizonz
Computer - 2019 Mac Pro, Catalina 10.15.7
MH Devices - 2 X ULN-8 3D daisy chained and connected into Ethernet port 2 on the above computer
Mesh Router - Netgear Orbi Pro WiFi 6 (SXR80) with satellites (SXS80)

After 2 weeks of intense troubleshooting, I finally figured out (with the help of Apple support) that the current MHLinkDriver kext file is causing my wired Ethernet to be virtually unusable in connecting to my ISP. There is constant packet loss, time outs, and slow download speeds but, as soon as I switch to WiFi, or share the internet from my older Mac Pro 2nd Ethernet port to the problem machine, or delete the MHLlinkDriver kext, the computer behaves as expected. This issue does not happen with my older mesh router (1st gen Orbi) connected instead. I have changed out all Ethernet cabling from and between my 2 ULN-8s with no change. The issue persists even when both MH devices are powered down and the Ethernet cable is disconnected. The issue also persists whether I use either of the factory Ethernet ports to connect the MH devices , or an Ethernet connection that I have on a drive dock that connects over TBolt3. I haven't noticed any CPU spikes. Should I put in a support ticket?

[Updated on: Mon, 05 April 2021 09:39]

Report message to a moderator

Current Time: Sun Apr 11 14:28:56 EDT 2021