Metric Halo Discussion Forum
The place to talk MH!

Home   Search      Help    Register    Login
Home » Hardware » Interfaces » ULN-2 : Sketchy connection with MacBook Pro (Connection bugs between ULN-2 & MBP Retina)
ULN-2 : Sketchy connection with MacBook Pro [message #86083] Sun, 01 June 2014 18:01 Go to previous message
BoogieMonsta is currently offline  BoogieMonsta
Hey there,

I've been using the ULN-2 for a few months now and I absolutely adore it.

However, I'm using it with my Retina MacBook Pro OS 10.8.5 via the Thunderbolt/FW800 adapter and the connection is not the greatest...
Without touching the cable or the adapter, I'd be working for hours without an issue and then all of a sudden no more sound.
At this point the only way for me to continue working is to unplug the ULN, restart my computer and replug it. A real PITA Sad

I've tried another cable, and another adapter. Doesn't make a difference.
This happens a few times a week.

Good news is, it forces me to take a short break.
Bad news is, well... It forces me to take a short break.

---

Also, I almost forgot to mention that when I'm done working and I unplug the ULN from my MBP, sometimes this causes the mac to bug out too. The ULN-2 disappears from the list of interfaces on the mac, but the mac can't switch back to its integrated sound card... It's like it's connected to a phantom interface (literally, it says it's connected to an interface but no name next to it). Replugging and Unplugging the ULN again doesn't change anything there either.

Sometimes it even freezes the mac... And then I have to either replug the ULN and hope that it unfreezes it (90% of the time) or in the rest of the cases I'm forced to do a hard reboot on the mac.

Any suggestions? Am I the only one with this problem?
Thanks in advance!

[Updated on: Sun, 01 June 2014 18:13]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: ULN8: Where to download the firmware?
Next Topic: 2882 and Bricasti
Goto Forum:

[ PDF ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 03 18:37:36 EDT 2023